Due to the Coronavirus our minimum stay is now 5 nights per week- allowing 3 nights in between guests and us more time to deep clean. Please check our availability for prices. Standard rental includes up to 6 persons; any extra (sleeping 7 in total) is £10 per guest per night extra.
To ensure your safety and the cleanliness of the property at this time, all unnecessary items have been removed (cushions, books, leaflets etc)To assist in keeping us, you and the next guests safe, we ask guests to leave the cottage clean and tidy including removing all rubbish, empty and switch off Fridge/Freezer and place all bedding in the bags provided. Our aim is to provide a safe holiday to our guests and to our family!
A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required at the time of booking. The balance of the booking is due 6 weeks before your arrival date. If bookings are cancelled, due to COVID 19, out with 21 days of the start date of the holiday then the deposit is retained by us and the guest will be offered change of dates with the deposit being transferred to the following booking. If unsuccessful in re-letting, the guest will not be due any refund.
In the circumstances that you or a member of your group has become unwell with COVID 19 and therefore cannot travel, we can either offer you a change of date or endeavour to re-let the cottage. If we are successful in reletting the cottage, we will refund you any monies paid minus the deposit. If the re-letting is done at a discounted price, this discount will be removed from any monies refunded.
We hope that these terms and conditions will offer you greater flexibility during this troubled time. We expect the Scottish government to produce guidelines for tourism, specifically for self- Due to the Coronavirus, if you need to cancel your booking due to becoming ill, needing to self-isolate or further lockdown measures we will refund your bookings monies less 10%
Cancellation policy outwith COVID-19 crisis
We appreciate that unforeseen circumstances and events beyond your control may force you to change your plans.
In the event of adverse weather or breakdown causing you to cancel your booking, we are in no way responsible for any losses so incurred.
Cancellation to be in writing or by e-mail. IT MUST BE RECEIPTED BY US before being effective.
Foreign visitors will probably have travel insurance, domestic visitors are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance.
While life is looking more positive and restrictions put in place to control the Coronavirus Epidemic are being lifted, we understand that you may be worried about any holiday bookings you have with us. Please be assured that our customers’ wellbeing is always our top priority, and we are working our hardest to assist you at this difficult time.
I have a holiday booked with you; can I still go?
- You will still need to follow all guidance, but holidays may be taken from 15 th July 2020 and we look forward to welcoming you to Horselea.
What steps are being taken in holiday cottages to reduce risk?
- Our cleaning team have been advised of the latest protocols for cleaning our cottages, Risk Assessments have been carried out and appropriate training given. Particular attention will be given to high touch areas such as hard surfaces, door handles, light switches, keys and remote controls. The standards to be followed will be in accordance with the guidance that has been issued by Scottish Government.
What happens if I need to cancel my holiday because I catch Coronavirus?
- If you contract Coronavirus, we will do everything that we can to rebook the same property for you at any time up until the end of 2021 or offer a cash refund where agreed with ourselves.
What if I have to cancel my holiday because I have to self-isolate or am advised not to travel by a doctor?
- If you’re advised to self-isolate, then we will do everything that we can to rebook the same property for you at any time up until the end of 2021 or offer a cash refund.
What should I do if one of my party feels unwell during my holiday?
- If you have symptoms of COVID19 – New Cough or Fever or loss of smell/taste, then you should not travel to take your holiday.
- If already arrived on holiday then, in accordance with UK Hospitality guidelines if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are asymptomatic but need to self- isolate, you should check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance.